One of the things that I love to do in life is to give; I love giving little presents and cards, the joy that it brings the receiver, lights up my world. It is just something I have always loved doing and one reason I started this blog as I adore researching and buying gifts and making cards for friends and family.
This year I was touched by the “Pay it Forward” initiative that has taken off on social media over the start of the new year, a movement to encourage and inspire acts of kindness. There is so much bad news in the world, every day, even more so of late, that it is nice to see the real spirit of humanity, and that is essentially one of kindness and hope.
It inspired me and made me think, how can I help someone else, to brighten their day, or to give them something that might help them out in their life.
Now I am not a maker, nor am I creator, so I couldn’t make something to give to people, well apart from a hand written card. So I thought hard about what it is that I do, (my husband questions this most days with me!) and I thought that I could write up a feature on a new shop, kids designer, crafter or artist and get their brand and designs out there through my blog. Give them exposure across my blog and media channels that will help them to boost their brand. I thought that could be my way to “Pay it forward” in 2015.
I then posted this idea up on my Instagram account in January after being inspired by the fabulous Captain & Co and others I had seen on Instagram and Facebook. I thought about how many features I could write this year on top of my current work schedule and felt that I could manage 5 brands, writing about them twice over the course of the year. I felt bad only picking 5 once I had responses back, so I added in a 6th brand who had also been quick to respond to my post.
The 6 kids brands that I am so excited to write about this year are:
1. Cream Empire – stylish nursery and kids bedding and soft furnishings. Designed and made in Australia.
2. Canterbury Kids – a fab bricks and mortar children’s clothing boutique stocking Minti, Scotch & Soda, Bebe, Wilson and Frenchy and more. Based in Victoria, Australia.
3. Bowe Baby – produces practical and thoughtfully designed baby items like car seat shades with nappy holder, stroller covers as well as nursing covers and blankets that will “make parenting simple”. All designed and made in the USA.
4. Schooza – hugely fun kids dress up and costumes for all occasions. Designed and made in Australia.
5. Chykaboo – gorgeous baby blankets organic teething rings, softies and prints. Designed and made in the UK.
6. Jack and Evelyn – produces classically designed kids products such as toy boxes, poncho towels and baby bibs. Designed in Australia.
The first feature on Cream Empire will be featured later this week, so stay tuned!
Image courtesy of Captain and Co.