Ok so it happens to all of us, even the most organised of people, it is 4 days before Christmas and you realise you have extended family coming to Christmas and you have forgotten to get your cousin a Christmas present. Or perhaps your neighbour has given you a present and you forgot their children or you might need a present for your bosses kids or help, even your own!
So here are a few ideas for those last minute gifts for kids that you need to buy for but you know you are too late for online gifts, as the postie won’t deliver it on time. Plus you can’t face the CHAOS of your local shopping centre, a few days before Christmas! Eeek…
- Books – but not just any books, access to over 10,000 books with an E library. This gift will keep on giving, and not only help them to read but keep them away from the games too. With audio books, early readers and books that read to you and allow you to flip the pages, give a gift subscription. And for my readers, Epic are doing a special deal for 3 days only. Go to www.getepic.com/promo and enter EPICKIDSTOYS as the promo code when creating their accounts and you will receive 2 free months of Epic on your tablet, phone or pc !
- Classes – give the gift of yoga, messy play or arts and crafts workshops this Christmas. Habitots is a fabulous creative kids space and shop based in Melbourne, which runs weekly workshops and classes to get your child thinking outside the square. NB:- If you are not in Melbourne, check out your local arts classes, messy play for kids and see if they do gift vouchers.
- Stickers subscription – a fabulous monthly sticker subscription service via Pipsticks , we reviewed this awesome product early this year and the boys LOVED receiving their sticker packs in the post. This is a brilliant gift and your kids will have so much fun with the bright, colourful and snazzy stickers they receive each month. Stickers in the post monthly – ALL kids would love this gift. They can send a gift voucher via email too and they have a Grown ups sticker club too!
- Theatre tickets – the Unicorn theatre is an utterly fantastic theatre based in London, just down the road from where my kids were born. It is the UK’s leading professional theatre for young audiences aged 2-21. Why not give the gift of their first theatre experience, which they will never forget! And if you are not in London, check out your local youth theatre groups for gift vouchers or tickets.
- Zoo pass – ok so I have a love/hate relationship with Zoo’s. On one hand, I hate seeing animals all caged up but on the other hand, many zoos do a fabulous job of creating a wonderful, natural habitat for animals.Let’s be real, our kids won’t ever see a Panda or Polar Bear in nature so let them have fun at the Zoo and learn about wildlife and how to protect their environment at the same time. I have included some of my fave Zoo’s around the world – Taronga Zoo , Nuremberg Zoo and Singapore Zoo.
- Monthly craft box subscription – give the child the gift of crafts at home with a monthly postal subscription. They not only get a monthly surprise in the letterbox which all kids love, they get a craft kit to have fun with too! Available from Honey and Co Club, Tinker Tots Box in Australia, Oglee Poglee in the UK, and Kiwicrate , Little Loving Hands or Happy Heart Kid in the USA. For a twist on this concept, try Little Passports for the keen travelling kid and transport them to new destinations around the globe on a monthly basis.
- Baking fun – the scrumptious BKD in London hosts parties, workshops AND sells the best baking kits for children to your door. With options like pirates, unicorns, & gingerbread men biscuits as well as cupcakes, get your child learning to love baking with a gift voucher for a workshop in London or a kit delivered to your door ( UK and Europe only). We have tried and tested these biscuits ourselves and they are out of this world delicious!
This will be my last gift guide before Christmas and so I would love to wish you, my divine readers, a truly wonderful and happy Christmas with your family. May you create many fun and magical memories this year watching the day unfold through the eyes of your children, step children, cousins or grandchildren.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and for following my posts this year, you mean the world to me and I am looking forward to sharing some exciting new things in 2016. I can’t wait to have you on this next adventure.
With big hugs and Elf kisses, Lizzie xx