Some wonderful Shop Small ideas for your 3- 5 year old, something to read, something to play, something they might need and something they want all covered!
This week we decided to embark up on a little renovation mission with our Lille Huset dollhouse from Wild and Whimsical Things. We met Adrian who runs this brilliant online store via the utterly brilliant small biz course we are doing with Business School for Mums.
What I love about Adrian is the way she has selected toys in her store which are based around a child’s development. For each toy on her website she then has a list of skills the child will grow and develop from, when the child plays with the toy. Similar to how I write my “Toy of the month” where I look at the skills and development in terms of gross and fine motor skills etc for a toy, Adrian does the same and I love it! As a parent it is so helpful to be armed with this knowledge when choosing a toy or gift for a child, friend or niece/nephew. She has definitely set herself apart from other online toy stores with this fab information and not to mention her toy selection is the bomb! Rock and Pebble, Maileg, Milton Ashby, Omy Design and Play, Lille Huset, Numero 74, ahh need i say more…
Some Christmas gift ideas for kids aged 4 to 6 years, give them the ability to draw, create, jump and have fun with their imagination and learning through play.
Inspired by own son who is the happiest when he is drawing or colouring on notepads, scrap paper, paper towel holders, boxes and more. This one is for you, my beautiful Jasper.
1. For colouring fun on a giant scale, try the Omy Design and Play Giant Colouring poster
2. For finger painting fun and travel friendly, the Finger painting set by NPW
3. To inspire and captivate your little artist to learn about the history of art this book is amazing, If I were an Artist by Minus Editions
4. Your little artist will love designing their own monster tee, Creatures and Features by Neve and Hawk
5. For every budding artist, The Artist long sleeved tee by Organic Zoo
6. Stunning rudolph crayons bv Crayonbox2013
7. All artist’s need something to draw with and what better pencils than these, Slogan pencil from Bonne Nuit
8. Ebery artist needs somewhere to sketch their creations and this one is a great gift idea, “Oh what fun” by ordinaryartists
9. For one of the best artists and illustrators in the business, Herve Tullet – Mix it up
10. A great little notebook to bring out the fun in drawing and help them create, How to dress a fox by Wee Gallery
Inspired by children who love “The Great Outdoors”, check out these gorgeous gift ideas for your “Little Explorer” this Christmas!
1. Perfect for the little explorer, “The Outdoor Explorer Kit” from Seedling has a LED headlamp, canvas carry bag, magnifying glass, sketchpad, pencils and bug checklist. Age 5+
2. All little explorers need to stay warm with Roxy Marj heirloom bear blanket . Age 0+
3. The perfect indoor or outdoor swing from Peachy Baby which is what all little explorer’s need!Age 4+
4. All little explorer’s need a best friend to take on their adventures and Petit Pippin’s handmade Luca Fox softie is the perfect companion. Age 0+
5. For the little explorer’s bedroom, this would make the perfect match “Live for Adventure” mountain wooden plaque from Zilvi. Age 0+
6. The perfect cushion to rest their tired heads on or to decorate their room, is this soft alpaca mountain cushion from Homely Creatures. Age 0+
7. For daily inspiration for all intrepid explorers, this Blacklist “Choose your own adventure” print is a must. Age 0+
8. The perfect tee for any avid adventurer, Modern Burlap’s “Free to Roam” tee . Age 3-6 months to 10 years.
9. The sweetest of toy camera’s for all those pictures of their explorations by Handmade by Suussies. Age 3+
10. All explorer’s need time to rest with a Such Great Heights Bear Wonder tent. Age 2+
11. Flatout Frankie cardboard aeroplane can help to transport the little explorer to all places and times! Age 3+
12. A little explorer can remember all the bugs they discovered on their adventures using this Bug Finger Paint set by NPW. Ages 3+
For this year’s “Kids Gifts and Toys” Christmas gift guides I have decided to focus on children’s personalities and what they love and enjoy doing. I hope these create meaningful and fun gift guides and enable you to find those unique and fun presents for your children this Christmas.
I have tried to focus on supporting small business and independent labels where possible this Christmas as its nice to know where our money is going and knowing we are helping out other mothers and their families.
So stay tuned for the Kids Gifts and Toys ” My Little” gift guide series….I hope you will find some of the best toys and gift ideas for your children this Christmas right here.